Working to Ensure Wisbech Rail Plans Remain on Track
Having good transport links is key to improving infrastructure of an area and the reopening of Wisbech Rail would be a game changer for constituents living in the town.
- Wisbech Rail will make it easier for residents to access higher salary jobs in Cambridge
- Strengthen the business case for a late night train from Cambridge to March by increasing usage by approximately 30,000 residents
- Improve local businesses ability to expandby connecting them with sites in other major cities
- It will bring a boost to new housing and development opportunities
- Make it easier for schools to recruit more teachers,especially since Fenland has been identified as an opportunity area
Working alongside Mayor James Palmer and local councillors we have secured £3.25million funding for the next phase of work by the Combined Authority. A detailed engineering study including station location, signalling, timetable and other feasibility issues is now being undertaken and will conclude in August 2019.